Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beetroot Halwa - Sugarless


I was thrilled to find this recipe. We are following GAPS diet for our son and sugar has to be avoided. Beetroot halwa is one of our favorite Indian sweets. I basically have a big sweet tooth. I was thinking maybe I should try this with honey instead of sugar. But was not sure of the end result. Then with the help of my bestest best buddy Google search, I found good recipes for sugar free Beetroot Halwa and decided to give it a try. Well, all I can say is I managed to take a picture before it was gone!






I followed the recipe from Indian Vegetarian Kitchen:

http://www.indianvegetariankitchen.com/2010/03/beetroot-halwa-sugarfree.html

I used Water to cook, instead of Milk. And also instead of Cashews, I added fried Almond pieces.
I chopped the Dates, added little water and microwaved it for 30 seconds to soften it up and to heat the water too.

No comments: