Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Chicken masala:

Chicken recipes are one of my favorites. The best thing about cooking chicken is we don't need to grind any fancy masala or need any special ingredient. Just throw in a few spices or as many spices and the end result is always mouth-watering. I don't think anyone could go wrong with it.
I have made this dish quite spicy and you may want to adjust accordingly.



Chicken - 1 lb (cut into pieces)
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Onions - 1 - chopped
Tomatoes - 1 - chopped
Green chilli - 1 - chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbspns
Coriander powder - 1 tbspn
Chilli powder - 1 tspn
Pepper powder - 1 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1 tspn
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tspn
Salt
Cilantro - for garnish


Heat a pan and add 2 tbspn of oil. Whe it is hot, add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Then add onions, ginger garlic paste, green chilli and fry for 5 minutes. In goes coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, tomatoes. Fry till tomato is cooked, then add chicken, pepper powder, garam masala and add 1/2 cup water, close the pan with a lid and let it cook. Stir once in a while.
Once the chicken in cooked, add cinnamon powder and fry for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove it from the heat, garish with cilantro and serve hot with roti, pulav or plain hot rice!

I like this curry with a little gravy. But if you prefer it to be dry, just fry it for few more additional minutes, until all the wet gravy is absorbed. Either way, it is easy and tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure no one can wrong with Chicken, but one day I landed up making Sweet Chicken ;) ha ha ha... I was adding salt more n more but it was getting sweeter n sweeter then slowly I saw my hand......... Guess What, Yes I am holding Sugar Container…