Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Beginning

After much deliberations and brainstorming sessions, I'm finally here with my own Food Blog.

Why the deliberations??? Well, having my own food blog among such blessedly wonderful artistic cooks, chefs rather, it is a huge feat, if I may say so.

I accidently came across Mahanandi sometime in the last quarter of 2006. I was totally mesmerised and believe me, I spent the next week browsing through 70 or so food blogs. I never wanted to leave my laptop alone.
I was so excited to discover this food bloggin world. After that, everyday I made it a point to visit all the blogs to find out what's cooking! I started trying all kinds of new dishes. I cooked and cooked and cooked somemore. Such was your inspiration, my fellow food bloggers.

The more I browsed, the more blogs I discovered, the more interested I became. For a person like me who never ever wanted to cook in her life, this is quite an achievement. Simply, I amazed myself, not to mention my husband.
I started taking pictures of the dishes I made. For the past 2 or 3 months, I have been thinking of starting my own food blog, but wasn't sure until now. So, I took a bold step forward and here it is - my own food blog! I dedicate this blog to my ever-supporting husband, Krishna.

When I came to US, 3.5 years back, I couldn't cook much. I hardly knew any dishes. I used to think why do we have to cook or eat. How nice it would be if we never felt hungry and ate only because we wish to. My mother is an excellent cook. My MIL also cooks well.
Then slowly I started to search for recipes in the internet, or ask my mom, mil or friends for recipes. But still there was only little improvement. My husband never complained. Only from last year, after seeing all of you cook with so much passion and creativity, I really got inspired.
Within the last 6 to 8 months, I have baked a cake, made fancy desserts like creme brulee, creme caramel, mushroom pulav, navarathna kurma, paneer butter masala, red bell pepper chutney, fish biriyani, etc, etc. So, all those who inspired me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing out the cook in me.

I welcome you one and all to my humble blog!!!

2 comments:

sailaja said...

Welcome to the food blogging world, Shri.

Best wishes,
Sailaja

Sailaja

Almond Bread Company said...

Thanks Sailu